Sharnbrook Neighbourhood Plan
Shaping the future of Sharnbrook:
- Open spaces
We need your ideas!
Neighbourhood planning is a new way for communities to decide the future of the places where they live and work. The government has introduced the community right to do neighbourhood planning through the Localism Act.
At the request of Sharnbrook Parish Council, a group of volunteers is meeting regularly to produce a neighbourhood plan for Sharnbrook parish. For this to be a success we need the ideas and views of as many people as possible who live here. To achieve this we have planned:
- Friday 1st December: Stall at the Sharnbrook Christmas Fair - thank you to everyone who visited the stall
- Saturday 13th January 2018 10am - 4pm: Launch event at Sharnbrook Village Hall - we had over 250 visitors!
- Completed: Analysis of public ideas and comments
- In progress: Character Studies
- Upcoming: Formal Questionnaire
Housing Development Proposal Documents:
Bedford Borough Local Plan 2035 - The "master plan" for the entire borough
Garden Village Proposals - The "new town" proposals, including Colworth Village
Potential Development Plots - Map of land in Sharnbrook put forward by landowners as possible development sites
Neighbourhood Plan Launch Event Documents:
Presentation - Overall explanation of the Neighbourhood Plan
Handout - Single page takeaway
Consultation Bubbles - Headings and questions from the launch event